"If you are kind, people accuse you of ulterior motives, be kind anyways." ~ Mother Tersea. How often have you experienced unconditional kindness from someone? Have you wondered why would someone selflessly give to you with no expectation of a return? Do you believe in karma? Do you believe what you sow is what you reap? or what goes around comes around?
From my heart to yours, here are 25 ways to be kind:
1. Use social media and journalism to promote positive messaging and compassion.
Stand up for kindness.2. Praise someone.
3. Give a hug for no reason.
4. Make peace with someone who has hurt you.
5. Help someone find a job.
6. Say courtesy words like 'thank you' and 'please' every day without fail.
7. Listen to a friend, or someone who needs it.
8. Help someone out, such as offering help moving, cleaning up or babysitting.
9. Go on a complaint-free diet.
10. Encourage a friend or family member when they are uncertain or unmotivated.
11. Smile and make someone's day a little brighter.
12. Volunteer your time or give to charity.
13. Send a kind email or card.
14. Invite someone new into your social circle; alleviate loneliness for just one person.
15. Hold the door open for the person behind you.
16. If you see someone being bullied, stand up for them.
17. Strike up a conversation with a stranger.
18. Let someone into your lane while driving.
19. Be generous with words of praise and appreciation.
20. Pay for the person behind you in the coffee line.
21. Pray. Meditate on lovingkindness: May you be happy, healthy, peaceful and loved.
22. Give someone a place to stay.
23. Say "I love you" more often to your family and friends.
24. Serve as a mentor. Generously share what you know and make it easier for someone else.
25. Commit to consistent self-care for yourself. Be kind to yourself first so you can successfully do #actsofkindness
I am dedicating myself to inspiring us to bring kindness to the forefront of the human condition. Let's be more active in our efforts — not because we have to, but because we want to. And not because we've experienced kindness from others, but because being kind is the way of the heart.
Kindness is always a choice. The more conditioned we are to respond with kindness, the more natural it becomes.
Today join me in starting the kindness movement! Our happiness depends on it.